Weil is the premier European restructuring firm. Our leading London team has advised on the highest profile and most complex cases in the marketplace, including the landmark MF Global and Lehman Brothers insolvencies. We are unique in that our practice reflects the market; we provide a rounded, comprehensive offering, advising a broad client base that includes debtor and creditor representations, directors, private equity houses, senior, mezzanine and subordinated lenders, purchasers and sellers of distressed M&A assets and NPLs, and substantial bankruptcy litigation.
We have an unparalleled global presence and capabilities, providing the US–UK–European link that very few other firms are able to. Our clients across the globe benefit from fully integrated cross-border advice and up-to-the-minute global restructuring know-how that incorporates cutting-edge advice on legal and strategic issues.
Key recent London-led restructuring matters include advising:
- The bondholder group led by Franklin Templeton on Ukrainian debt restructuring negotiations with the Government of Ukraine
- KKR Credit on the establishment of a revolutionary Greek non-performing loan platform
- Barclays as stakeholder on the £1.5 billion restructuring of General Healthcare Group, owner and operator of the BMI hospital chain
- KPMG as special administrators of MF Global UK, the first Special Administration under the new regime and the largest European collapse since Lehman Brothers
Recent awards, rankings and accolades include:
- Restructuring Team of the Year (Legal Business Awards 2016)
- Restructuring Team of the Year (Financial News Awards 2016)
- Restructuring Team of the Year finalist (The Lawyer Awards 2016)
- Ranked among the “Restructuring Elite” (Chambers UK 2016)
- Ranked Band 1 for Restructuring — Bondholder and Fund Representation (IFLR1000 UK 2015)
- Ranked Tier 1 for Insurance: Insolvency and restructuring (Legal 500 UK 2016)