Private equity is the cornerstone of our UK and global practice. We are a trusted advisor to leading private equity houses and portfolio companies on their most significant deals, and have an unrivalled status for private equity – both in the UK and globally. We are currently ranked in the top tier for private equity in the leading legal directories, Chambers, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000, as well as higher rankings for European private equity than any other competitor.
Through our strength in private equity and funds, we have the leading integrated global funds and deal execution practice. This provides our trainees with the opportunity to experience the full life cycle of a private equity fund, from formation to investment, continuing through to realisation and return of capital to investors.
To find out more about life in Private Equity, hear from some of our team.
This is complemented by our strength in M&A, where we advise on all aspects of UK, European and multi-jurisdictional public and private deals, including corporate governance and public company advisory expertise.
All trainees spend at least one seat in the Corporate practice and form a core part of our teams on major transactions. As part of the Corporate team, you will work directly with leading partners and specialists across the firm, as well as with clients, to drive deals to a successful conclusion.
To hear more about the work our Corporate team does, click here
To find out more about life in our Private Equity team, hear from Emma Robinson.
Key recent London-led Corporate deals include advising:
- Advent International and Bain Capital, together with Clessidra, on the £1.5 billion acquisition of Istituto Centrale delle Banche Popolari (ICBPI)
- Worldpay owners Advent International and Bain Capital on the IPO and London listing of Worldpay, which was the UK’s largest IPO of a PE-backed company of 2015 and their listing of Nets in Denmark
- HNA Group on its $2.8 billion acquisition of Swissport, the world’s largest ground and cargo handling company, from PAI Partners
- Providence Equity Partners on the take-private, with WPP Group, of sports marketing specialist Chime Communications
- Ono’s principal shareholders, Providence Equity Partners, CCMP, THL and Quadrangle on the dual track process culminating in €7.2 billion sale of Spanish telecoms company Ono to Vodafone
Recent awards, rankings and accolades include:
- Band 1 for private equity in current editions of Chambers UK, Legal 500 UK and IFLR 1000 UK
- Pan-European Legal Advisor of the Year at the Private Equity Awards 2017
- Private Equity, M&A and Equity Deals of the Year (IFLR European Awards 2016)